Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
surging acceleration, loss of power Forums > > surging acceleration, loss of power surging acceleration, loss of power
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Nissan Altima Sedan Discussion Forum

Old 06-17-2015, 06:55 AM
2009 Altima Hybrid

Default surging acceleration, loss of power

well, I really don't know what to do on this one....

Have a 09 Altima Hybrid and few weeks ago it started to lose power and have surging acceleration spikes on the highway after about 30 km of driving at 100-120 km/hr.

went to the dealer, first, replaced the 12v battery, no fix! than it said the invertor water pump. no fix, I have the same problem, going on highway, 15 min plus driving, dash starts with check engine soon, then goes to other warning lights and starts to act out....

I am thinking to go to another mechanic, maybe toyota dealer could be better with hybrids...

any advice will be appreciated, thank you.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:38 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggy View Post
Have a 09 Altima Hybrid and few weeks ago it started to lose power and have surging acceleration spikes on the highway after about 30 km of driving at 100-120 km/hr.

went to the dealer, first, replaced the 12v battery, no fix! than it said the invertor water pump. no fix, I have the same problem, going on highway, 15 min plus driving, dash starts with check engine soon, then goes to other warning lights and starts to act out....
Go to another auto repair shop or freelance auto mechanic and ask to scan computer for trouble code(s). Write down the code and post the code back on here.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:40 AM
2009 Altima Hybrid

Default code read

I used a code reader and it gives P0456 so I hope you guys can relate this and the symptoms to something.

I went on to read what this is and its something regarding this on the web, its even showing a Nissan bulletin: NTB10-057

I wonder if there is recall chance...
Old 06-22-2015, 08:55 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

P0456 do not cause the symptom you are experiencing unless the Purge Volume Control Valve is faulty or is failing cuz the other line hooked up to it is a vacuum line. When a component is failing but still functioning that the computer decides not to trigger the trouble code. DO NOT RISE TO THE LEVEL OF A RECALL.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:51 PM
2009 Altima Hybrid

Default update diagnosis

Ok: so my dealer does not have experience with Hybrid (next one is 1.5 hrs away), I went to another shop to see if they can have an opinion and a better read of codes.

Here is what they said: The mechanic believes there is something with the transmission or hybrid (!), the engine runs fine.

The codes he pulled: P0AC4, P0447, P0456

I am about to go to call a Toyota dealer and ask if they are good to work on this car and diagnose the trouble. the Hybrid is Toyota anyway.

Any further advice will be appreciated

Tags
highway, driving, dealer, fix, surging, starts, acceleration, power, appreciated, engine, check, dash, problem, min, hybrids, mechanic, toyota, thinking, advice, lights, warning, act, 12v, altima, hybrid