Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Driver's door rattle Forums > > > Driver's door rattle Driver's door rattle
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 07-12-2008, 03:39 AM

2008 altima coupe 2.5s

Unhappy Driver's door rattle

Hi
can anyone tell me if they experience this problem. A noise coming from the door everytime i drive on a bumpy road ... i brought it back to the dealer for them to check it out and they said that they adjusted the door and lubricate it but the noise is still there on and off
thanks for any help or suggestion
Old 07-15-2008, 04:54 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Take it back...
Old 07-15-2008, 04:59 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

I agree with tech22. Take advantage of your Warranty. It could be something inside the door panel (screw, wrench, washer, etc.). Why deal with it - force the issue.

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 07-18-2008, 08:13 AM
yanlff

Hi,emynat. You are not the only one who has the experience. Both of the two front doors of my 07 altima keep making excessive noise even when i drive it on smoothy road. I have brought the car back to the dealer for some other problems for 6 or more times since i bought it in January 2008. I am frustrated.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Sith LL_Coupe

This may sound silly, but I thougth I was hearing rattling from my passenger side door for a bit, didn't always hear it... then I realized the seat belt was hitting against the door, but once I adjusted it, it stopped.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:52 AM
WhiteNissa

I have an annoying door rattle as well. I took it to the dealer, they informed me the "trim" was loose, well, it did not solve the issue! Going to take it back again, I will go on a road test....waste of time.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

yeah i would try to drive with them while they inspect it.

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 10-16-2008, 04:42 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

If you cannot get service from the dealer try this .Remove the door panel and with the palm of your hand bump at different locations around the door. Most offen you will find the source of the rattle at the cables to the door locks/door handle. In some cases it may be a loose bolt for the panel/window regulator.Tighten the loose bolts and apply small amounts of soft foam around the cables.There's really not much to rattle around in there.You can find out how to remove the door panel in the service manual contained in this web site.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:35 PM
thatsme

Default door rattle

I too have a bad door rattle. It started recently on all 4 doors at around the same time. Sounds like the doors are about to fall off.

I found the problem, but not a solution!
On the door frame there is a metal 'loop' which receives the door locking mechanism when the door closes. This metal loop has a plastic covering molded onto it. Metal = .33" ; including the plastic = .402" dia.

The plastic must have gotten old and just cracked/fell off. Now either the spacing is off or the plastic provided a cushion that is necessary. The racket that this loose connection generates is awful.

Anybody got ideas on how to replace that plastic covering? Other than that, the loops are good as new.
many thanks,
Mark
2000 Crew cab
Old 08-08-2016, 06:12 PM
2000 Xterra
2000 XTERRA

I discovered our 2000 X rattles on driver side on rough terrain. Also you can press on the door with your elbow and it moves slightly. I inspected the latch attached at the door frame and noticed there was a sheath of plastic worn off the side that the door catches. I took that piece off and flipped it over where there's good sheath and no more rattle... cheap easy fix for my issue.

Tags
door, driver, rattle