Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
iPod adapter for Coupe Forums > > > iPod adapter for Coupe iPod adapter for Coupe
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 06-17-2008, 03:30 PM
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 Altima Coupe V6 CVT

Question iPod adapter for Coupe

I was wondering if it is possible to put an iPod adapter on a 3.5SE coupe with XM and 6 disc cd changer? I know I can just plug my iPod into the AUX jack, but I want the ability to control my iPod from the steering wheel. Will I have to disable the cd changer if I want to install the iPod adapter?
Old 06-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe IPOD Interface found one for u but i would give them a call just to make sure that it does fit good luck

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 06-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

u dont by any chance have an AUX hole/PORT casue if u do dont u just plug your ipod into that i would give that a try
Old 07-06-2008, 07:56 AM
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 Altima Coupe V6 CVT

Smile

I have an AUX input, which I can use. However, I want the ability to control the iPod from the steering wheel. Thanks for the iPod adapter link. I will check them out.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 3.5SE Coupe,6sp

Question Ipod Adapter

Hello Kemsyko:

Following up on the Ipod controller you were looking into. We just left XM Satellite expire since there were only a few channels of interest. It stayed active for almos 6mo, BTW. Got a call from them recently with an option to renew for 3 mo @ $5/mo, so went for it.

iPod controls on the steering wheel sounds sweet. What did you find out??
Old 10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 Altima Coupe V6 CVT

I just emailed MyNissanParts.com people about their iPod adapter. I haven't heard back from them yet. I will let you know what they said when they reply. In the mean time, I found a very cheap semi-solution to my iPod adapter problem.

Instead of spending the large amount of money on an iPod adpater (which I was going to use with an iPhone) I just went to Best Buy and bought a $20 air vent mounted holder for my iPhone. (From BestBuy.com There's no picture of it yet, but it's basically this without the windshield mount.)

It works very well. It's not quite controlling my iPhone from the steering wheel, but pretty close. I just plug my iPhone into the 12V power plug in the cubby hole below the radio. (with adapter. The cable goes from the iphone to USB into an adapter that plugs into the 12V outlet) Then I just plug the iPhone headphone jack into the AUX input on the car radio. I also keep my iPhone screen on all the time so I can see what is playing.

This was at least the inexpensive semi-fix for my initial problem, which was I wanted to control my iPhone using an iPod adapter. Also, this initial problem led to thinking about installing a car computer in the car (see my thread on car computer.) This idea is being put on hold for the moment since I sorta found a solution with the air vent mounted holder.

Is that enough rambling for one thread?

I will let everyone know what the MyNissanParts.com people say about the iPod adapter.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Altima Coupe
2009 Altima Coupe

I found a site for the adapter it was $189 (search the Net for lower prices) and $145cost /$75 to install at the local shop. You have to have the cd / sat though. Most stereo installer stores can do it. I figured it wasn't worth it I know most of what plays on my Ipod or I can look at it if I need to know. I keep it on shuffle in the little storage under the radio and use the aux. I hear it doesn't sound any better hooked to the radio direct.I got a really thin cord(walmart) was one of those retactable, so I broke it open and slide the cord into the grove down the side of the radio. This leave the plug and 2 inches showing, then I dropped it into the back of the storage door. no cord showing ther. I'll post a pic. That was my only beef with the aux, but this cleans it up nice.Look up Upac-NISAn yahoo, it will take you to thier site.
Part Number:
uPAC-NIS2
Peripheral Part No: PGHNI2

Category: iPod Solutions

Product Overview
iPodŽ/iPhoneŽ and Auxiliary Audio Input Interface with HD Radio™ Option for Select Nissan, Infiniti Vehicles

MSRP: $189.95

Last edited by whitco; 08-29-2009 at 02:19 AM.

Tags
3.5se, adapter, altima coupe, coupe, ipod, ipod adapter