Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Altima 03 Sedan Forums > > > Nissan Altima 03 Sedan Nissan Altima 03 Sedan
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 06-28-2015, 07:50 AM
2003 Altima Sedan

Default Nissan Altima 03 Sedan

"service engine soon" light comes on, phoned dealership where I had purchased vehicle, new in 03. Advised " was a dummy light for mileage", NOT. Will not start now, called back explained, she gave me a mechanic, no clue. I noticed when I shut car off the horn? "chirps , lack of a better term. Iam very, very rural. Do not have tow insur. Ideas, please ?
Old 07-01-2015, 11:39 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5962robin View Post
"service engine soon" light comes on. Will not start now. I noticed when I shut car off the horn? "chirps , lack of a better term.

Find a free lance mechanic near you to come out and scan your computer for trouble code. Be sure the price of retrieving the code is agreed ahead of time. Obviously, any work to fix the problem is additional. Or you can buy a code reader/scanner on ebay for $50. for less. Just be sure the scanner is "OBD II CAN" compliant. If you do this, the Data Link Connector is under the dash by the steering column.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:15 PM
2003 Altima Sedan

Angry Stalled on hwy !

Oh . I had my grand son with, car stalled out on hwy ! Me alone, no biggy, kids with, huge, afraid we would get hit. Let sit for 2.5 hrs, started again. got to local shop. Wish I would have knwn. Didn't negotiate price, but read " cam shaft sensor" rear. Went to city today and picked up part at nissan. Thanks, will knw nxt time.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:14 AM
2003 Altima Sedan

Default 03 Altima Headlights flicker

Took it to mechanic, put on dgns machine, nothing !
Headlights flicker terribly !
Vanity lights appear "pink" looking, not bright white ??
Have spent 250. on machine that says "no issues " , don't knw what to do ?
Old 09-21-2015, 10:48 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

The first issue was the shop told you it was the cam shaft sensor. Was that issue been resolved?

Now the issue is headlight flickers and the shop charged you $250 for diagnostics but cannot tell you what the problem is. Is that what you're asking. FYI - the issue doesn't show up in the machine......in your own words because the issue is not monitored by the machine. Your mechanic should know that. Sounds to me like a loose connection, a short or alternator problem.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:00 AM
2003 Altima Sedan

Default headlightflicker, vanity,ect.

Benny, yes, new part on, check engine light off. This has happened actually within days of the guy putting the part in. Took back, advised all lights are flickering. Put on machine, nothing. Would the alternator show up o the machine ? If wire, nightmire !
Old 09-29-2015, 08:18 AM
2003 Altima Sedan

Default Lights Flickering

Headlights, vanity, dome, all flickering ? No recall on ground plate ? Any ideas ? PLEASE !
Old 10-05-2015, 12:29 PM
2003 Altima Sedan

Default I spoke to Nissan "service manager".

Nissan says, need take to them, other machines won't give the nissan codes ? They are so expensive, is that true ? He also advised me the dummy check engine light is not set for any mileage checks ? He said I have engine problem ?

Tags
nissan, light, shut, car, noticed, gave, mechanic, clue, horn, tow, insur, ideas, rural, lack, term, iam, chirps, called, dealership, phoned, purchased, sedan, altima, service, engine