Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Power Driver Seat Forums > > > Power Driver Seat Power Driver Seat
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 PM
2008 Armada
2008 Altima Coupe

Default Power Driver Seat

I'm hoping someone can help with this one. The driver seat will not raise or lower on the front adjustment, all other adjustments work. I took the seat out to see what the problem is and it appears that there is a "flex" drive shaft that conects the motor to a x-fer of sorts. That flexable drive shaft has one end "spun off." Looked at some of the online Nissan parts distributers and none of the seat sub-assembly is listed. I'm affraid that this is gonna be way more expensive to fix than it probably should be. All I need is this one little part but I'll probably have to buy more than just that.

Has anyone else had this problem? The fix once the seat is out if the part is available shouldn't take litterally more than 10 seconds to fix. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:58 AM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

is there a salvage yard near you. may be you can try there.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:30 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by webturtle View Post
I'm hoping someone can help with this one. The driver seat will not raise or lower on the front adjustment, all other adjustments work. I took the seat out to see what the problem is and it appears that there is a "flex" drive shaft that conects the motor to a x-fer of sorts. That flexable drive shaft has one end "spun off." Looked at some of the online Nissan parts distributers and none of the seat sub-assembly is listed. I'm affraid that this is gonna be way more expensive to fix than it probably should be. All I need is this one little part but I'll probably have to buy more than just that.

Has anyone else had this problem? The fix once the seat is out if the part is available shouldn't take litterally more than 10 seconds to fix. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
They don't usually do that unless something is jammed . look for change stuck in the mechanism before you replace the part.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:21 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:

Measure the length of it. I have some out of a maxima seat that may work.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:18 PM
2008 Armada
2008 Altima Coupe

mpe235

I appreciate the offer, I will let you know okay. Right now I am corosponding with a MFG. of the flex drivers. He says he has some free samples of the size I need and he is going to send 2 or three samples. I'm hoping that this will do the trick. I will keep y'all posted.

Also, I had the seat out of the car and nothing was obstructing the movement of the seat. Just a fluke I suppose.

Last edited by webturtle; 03-30-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 PM
2008 Armada
2008 Altima Coupe

Well I received the samples and they're just a bit too long, by about an inch. Overall diameter was right. I've responded and I'm hoping that they can come up with the correct length.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:29 AM
2007 Altima Sedan
2007 Altima

Default Who Is The Manufacturer?

Quote:
Well I received the samples and they're just a bit too long, by about an inch. Overall diameter was right. I've responded and I'm hoping that they can come up with the correct length.
webturtle,

Was wondering if you had a fix for the problem. I have the same issue with the flexible shaft. Can't seem to find the part in the manual.

Did you try cutting the shaft to fit? Which manufacturer are you working with? Do they not sell the part at an auto parts store?

I can't get the set to move on the side closest to the driver door without that piece.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:13 PM
2009 370Z Roadster
2009 300ZX

o finally i got my reply am also facing this problem
hosting services - envisionwebhosting.com hosting services - envisionwebhosting.com pass4sure cissp practice test pass4sure cissp practice test pass4sure cisco ccnp pass4sure cisco ccnp pass4sure - ccie sample questions pass4sure - ccie sample questions

Tags
driver, power, seat