Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2012 Altima Coupe D/S Headlight Power Cable Issue Forums > > > 2012 Altima Coupe D/S Headlight Power Cable Issue 2012 Altima Coupe D/S Headlight Power Cable Issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 05-06-2013, 06:11 PM
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 Altima Coupe

Default 2012 Altima Coupe D/S Headlight Power Cable Issue

Hey all:

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe. The driver's side headlight (standard factory non-halogen) went out recently and I replaced the bulb, but it still would not light. I looked closer and the power cable feeding the light enclosure is bent (from being against a tight metal corner, a design flaw in the Nissan IMO.) When I look at the cable head, there are 3 wires feeding the enclosure and one of the wires is detached. I am considering doing a solder job myself, but I'd rather replace the cable if it is inexpensive.

Can anyone send me in the direction of an item name/code or a place in which to purchase this part? Or perhaps one of the Nissan service professionals could tell me either how to order the part from Nissan, or a ballpark cost of repair/replacement from a dealership?

Thanks all.

Cheers,

Matt

Edit: The highbeams work fine and so does the amber portion. It's literally just the main headlight, so that must be the wire that is detached.

Last edited by MattDeluxe; 05-06-2013 at 06:12 PM. Reason: More info.

Tags
2012, altima, cable, coupe, d or s, headlight, issue, power