Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Altima Coupe 2.5 S, 2009 Battery Disconnect Issues Forums > > > Altima Coupe 2.5 S, 2009 Battery Disconnect Issues Altima Coupe 2.5 S, 2009 Battery Disconnect Issues
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 03-23-2013, 08:25 AM
2009 Altima Coupe

Default Altima Coupe 2.5 S, 2009 Battery Disconnect Issues

So I'm thinking that dropping in a new battery for my Coupe would be easy till I started reading the Service Manuals. Apparently disconnecting the negative battery terminal requires several electrical resets. Most of them I'm okay with (power windows and audio) except the reset procedure on the "Steering Angle Sensor Neutral Position". It seems I need a CONSULT III gizmo to do this properly....

My questions are: Is this true? Is there a way of preventing the loss of the original settings? Will the disconnection render the vehicle undriveable?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I cant believe I'm the only person to have this issue!

Thank you so much!
Old 03-23-2013, 05:18 PM
2015 Rogue

You shouldn't have to reset the steering angle sensor.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:21 AM
Enthusiast
2009 Altima
2005 Armada
2005 Armada Le

Only thing I had to reset was my radio and clock. Your miles will also go back to zero on your trip computer.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:26 PM
2009 Altima Coupe

Default Believe I found the best solution....

The best solution I believe is to bridge the old battery with a 12 V power supply (jump starter power unit) while the old battery is replaced with the new one. This way the power is never interrupted and seems the way to go. I haven't tried it yet though! But it's nice to know the impact is not as bad as I first thought. Thanks for the replies!

Tags
2009, altima, battery, coupe, discconnect, disconnect, issues