Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Major electrical issues starting with push button start Forums > > > Major electrical issues starting with push button start Major electrical issues starting with push button start
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 11-07-2012, 09:06 AM
2008 Altima Coupe

Default Major electrical issues starting with push button start

We bought our 08 3.5l altima coupe in the summer of 07. Let me start by saying that we had no trouble with the car until we got over 100,000 miles. My husband commutes 60 miles one way to work everyday. We've had to replace the alternator and do basic maintenance but nothing big until a month ago. I went to the grocery store, came out unlocked the car got in and pressed the start button. All of my interior electronics came on(lights, radio, etc). The car did not crank and i immediately got the "no key" warning. So at this point I have interior electronics on, I push the button again, nothing. To kill the electronics I had to disconnect the battery. Had to be towed to the dealership. Car has been there over a month. They thought I had two bad computers, replace them-didnt fix it. They have tested every harness in the car and still are at a loss. I realize I have a high mileage car and problems come with the heavy use but im starting to feel as if this car cant be fixed. I am very concerned that if it is ever running again it will always have electronic issues. I've seen alot of people complaining about the same various issues and wonder what nissan can do to rememdy this. If anyone has any ideas about what is going on with the car it would be greatly appreciated. I was so excited about the push button start, its so cool!!... yeah its real cool when you cant crank your car because of an electronic issue. If the problems were mechanical we would have fixed it ourselves. On a lighter note, when the nissan died I got my 89 mustang 5.0 that had been in storage for 5 years and had it running in a day, go figure.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:18 AM
2008 Altima Coupe

After reading more on this forum, I feel lucky. Most ppl are having these issues with extremely low milage. very dissapointing. We have owned 2 350z's previously so you couldnt find a more loyal customer. wont be making that mistake again.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 AM
2008 Altima Coupe

My car is ready today after a month! im still not clear on what all was wrong, lots of eletrical issues pushing too much voltage killing lots of stuff. I need to say that Nissan of Athens, ga was wonderful. Robert in the shop was so helpful and respectful and stayed in constant contact with me. I could tell he was cared and was concerned. Nissan at Mall of GA was the total opposite. Thank you Robert!

Tags
button, electrical, issues, major, push, start, starting