Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
What are my stock headlights? Forums > > > What are my stock headlights? What are my stock headlights?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Altima Coupe Nissan Altima Coupe Discussion Forum

Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 AM
2011 Altima Coupe

Default What are my stock headlights?

Just bought my 2011 2.5S and so i will have a few questions while I become educated.

My first desire is to improve my low beams which seem quite inadequate. I downloaded a factory users manual and it claims these to be Xenon, but it is a generic manual.

So my question is can I benefit from installing an HID kit with ballasts? Or is the factory setup already HID?

Thanks!
Old 03-27-2012, 12:28 PM
2005 Altima

The stock is D2S. You would probably have better visibility with with aftermarket HID kit.

Mods: Custom SRI, SRS header, Vogtland Springs, Drilled/Slotted Rotors + Ceramic pads, Blue LEDs, Racingline Front Endlinks, Skar VVX-12s, Audiopipe 1500w, Hifonics 6.5" Components, More Soon..
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Enthusiast
2007 Maxima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Just bought my 2011 2.5S and so i will have a few questions while I become educated.

My first desire is to improve my low beams which seem quite inadequate. I downloaded a factory users manual and it claims these to be Xenon, but it is a generic manual.

So my question is can I benefit from installing an HID kit with ballasts? Or is the factory setup already HID?

Thanks!
What you have a H11 which are Xenon Halogen.

What you need are H9 bulbs

H11 is 55-watt, 1350-lumen
H9 is 65 watt 2100 lumen

If yours has the non-projector lamp housings you DO NOT want to just drop a HID kit in there, or you will get a very over-bright light scatter which WILL blind other drivers or get you pulled over.

Also beware lots of HID kits are junk, and lots of so-called installers hack your cars wiring to pieces.

Either swap headlight housings AND go to HIDs (big money, big hassle)

OR swap bulbs to H9 instead of H11. To plug a H9 into a H11 socket you have to file off a little key inside the light bulb.

H11 is 55-watt, 1350-lumen

H9 is 65 watt 2100 lumen

Lots of Subarus use H11s, but folks convert to H9s, see link below:
H11 to H9 conversion. DIY with temps - NASIOC

H11 to H9 conversion. DIY with temps - NASIOC
Old 06-28-2012, 10:13 AM
2008 Altima Coupe
2011 Juke

Default Question to change the aftermarket D2S light bulbs on 2008 coupe

Hi , i have the OEM HID package on my 2008 Altima coupe 3.5 SE and just want to replace the light bulks to 6000K, so i brought the D2S light bulbs to change as the Vender said the D2R and D2S are the same and the different is D2R have a piece of metal on the light bulbs,and the rest are the same. So when i change the first light bulb everything look OK, but when i change the second light bulb , the second one only light on 30 second then turn off, or both lights turn off (just like cut off) , i need turn off the light swatch and return on again, but it only keep the light on about 30 second then off again , and now i put back the OEM light bulbs again and everything look OK .Do anyone know why ? . thanks
Old 06-28-2012, 10:19 AM
2008 Altima Coupe
2011 Juke

Quote:
Originally Posted by white midori View Post
Hi , i have the OEM HID package on my 2008 Altima coupe 3.5 SE and just want to replace the light bulks to 6000K, so i brought the D2S light bulbs to change as the Vender said the D2R and D2S are the same and the different is D2R have a piece of metal on the light bulbs,and the rest are the same. So when i change the first light bulb everything look OK, but when i change the second light bulb , the second one only light on 30 second then turn off, or both lights turn off (just like cut off) , i need turn off the light swatch and return on again, but it only keep the light on about 30 second then off again , and now i put back the OEM light bulbs again and everything look OK .Do anyone know why ? . thanks

sorry i post on wrong thread here,

Tags
headlights, stock