View Single Post

Old 09-06-2015, 07:13 PM
2006 Xtrail

Question Want to beef up to larger tires

I am in Canada and recently purchased a used 2006 Nissan X-Trail. So far I like the little SUV. Tires are still the original I would assume as the truck only had 100,000km (60,000) miles and the vehicle was meticulously maintained. Part of the reason I got it so cheap was the fact that the tires are just about dust. They are original rims as they do say Nissan on them and the door plate and owners manual calls for 225/65/17" tires. I would like to beef it up a little and either go with bigger or taller standing tires. I realize this would knock my speedometer out as well handling may change but it seems this SUV was designed to be more of a "street vehicle" and not really for any of roading but would like to know if anyone here has put larger tires on and what if any issues did you have. I have tried a lot of the online tire/rim calculators but a lot do not have anything listed for an XTRAIL. The one's that do don't show it having 17" tires and rims. Anyone shed any light on this for me?