View Single Post

Old 09-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Enthusiast
1996 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
That's another issue. We modified vbulletin to show the signature only once per thread. The problem was that some users have a very long signatures with photos and a bunch of other things, and we didn't wanted to show the same signature 20 times in the same thread.

As you can see our forums don't have much advertising, only one at top and one at the bottom, but the idea is to not confuse the users. Other forums have a bunch advertising on side, top, inside the posts, on signatures, almost everywhere (I hate the links inside the posts) in order to confuse and deceive the users. Also, all those links and advertisings makes the forum to clutter and users cant find the information. We prefer our forums clean with less signatures and advertisings.
I like the cleaner approach as well, one forum I was on regularly did not allow ads or links to other sale sites. Folks got banned when caught. Large pictures are also distracting. No problem for me here with just the first post, I just did not understand the difference. Thanks for all your time and help.