View Single Post

Old 04-25-2013, 02:34 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubartribe View Post
Presently having troubles with the ABS in my 2004 Maxima. Had taken the car to a local garage and no codes were showing up and all wheel sensors were registering the same speed(Monday, April 15). Then came home and checked things out on the internet. I disconnected the passenger front abs sensor found below the a/c line. Took what I found back to the garage and set up an appointment to get the hubs cleaned up and the drain holes drilled as stated in the TSB. Found a post that also said not to try to remove the sensors, just to clean them up. The car has 160k+ miles on it.
Before they were going to do the work Monday(April 22), they told me the wheel bearings were bad and should be replaced while they do the work, so I ordered the bearings and just received them today. They are scheduled to be installed next Tuesday along with cleaning up the hubs, etc.
The morning(yesterday-Tuesday) after they advised me I needed new bearings, I went out to the car and heard humming. Started the car and turned it off and the humming went away. The next day, today, my wife told me she heard the humming when she went out to the car for lunch and the humming was still going on when she came home tonight. Have since found out it is the abs pump(actuator?) and have taken out the ABS Meter fusible link to get it to turn off.
What are the chances now that I won't have to replace the actuator? If it is bad, when the hubs are cleaned up, some codes will show up according to the TSB, right? The scanner will also show if a sensor is bad because of differences in speed readings, right?
If the pump is running with the car off you are going to need a new one.
ASE Master Certified.