View Single Post

Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 PM
2005 Altima

According to the selling ad it is 5-speed automatic transmission but I think the guy does not know about the car. It is 3-4 speed automatic and 2.5S model. The car now has 140K so I think it time requires to change the transmission fluid. I'm confused now because in the service manual they said checked every 45K but not replace. Most of people in this forum recommend to change every 30K. When you mention about pressure build up that concern me because what I think to do is just drain the oil by open the screw at the bottom. Once it stops screw it back in and fill the new oil. Is that the correct way do it? I'm not sure what pressure you are referring to?

thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanAltima01 View Post
If you have the 5 speed manual transmission then that NISSAN Matic “D” ATF or Genuine Nissan Accessories 999MP-AA100P Nissan Matic-D Automatic Transmission Fluid is only good for the 3-4 speed Automatic Transmisson. Also you should be very careful to how you flush it because adding pressure to the flush could ruin parts of the transmission instead of letting the gravity pressure do the work. If your transmission has already been serviced @46k then why even worry about it at that point. I always thought that the transmission over 100k should be serviced, not sure what they did there.
For the coolant you should get the 50/50 coolant/antifreeze fluid and the radiator flush kit as explained here in this post.
nissan altima no heat ???.
As for the timing chain, there is no maintenance schedule required, so when you start to have issues with it that's when you'll need to change it. Another thing, you sure your engine type is the SE and not the SL? I only notice that the SE/SE-R come in 3.5 engine types and not the 2.5.