Thread: Lost Keys
View Single Post

Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 AM
2006 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yollie View Post
Hello! I am new to this site. I found this site because I am trying to find an answer to my problem.

I lost the keys (all keys) to my 2005 Maxima. My unlocked car is parked in my garage. I plan on calling the dealership tomorrow, but I was told by a friend I may have to tow my car to the dealership. Unfortunately, as I said, the car is in my garage and will somehow have to be towed out of the garage. This could get really expensive!

What are my options? And how much is a replacement key going to cost me? I noticed there is a barcode sticker in the case that holds the owner's manual. Can a dealership obtain the information they need to make a new key from this barcode?

Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thank you!

Yollie
Hello i am a newbie as well, you got three options for this one..
- dealer, this will be the most expensive option and you might have to wait a little bit longer
- locksmith, cheaper and faster than the dealer, you might get quoted $80 to $100 for a new key cut and programming..
-ebay.. surely the cheapest option you have but you will still need spend time on cutting the key and programming it through dealer or locksmith...

carkeyadvice.com
you can check here for more information on how to replace you car key..