View Single Post

Old 09-25-2012, 07:22 PM
2002 Altima

Default ABS\TCS lights on no acceleration

I have a 2002 Altima 3.5 SE. This morning while my wife was driving our son to school the Batttery, ABS, and TCS off lights came on and the vehicle stopped accelerating. When I went and got the car the battery was dead. Changed battery hoping it was a battery or altenator problem. Vehicle started right up. With no check engine light on. But when pushing on the accelerator pedal its like there is nothing there. No revving of motor at all but the ABS and TCS off lights come on.

I've got access to a Genesis 2000 scanner. I hooked it up and ran a full diagnostics text no codes found. So then I tried running ABS diagnostics test and found no codes.

Tried searching the enternet when I found this site. I found some one talking about removing the ABS fuse. So I tried it. I removed the fuse and the ABS light stayed on but the vehicle would accelerate and run normal other than no ABS system.

While searching some more I found a bunch of people referring to jumping out the OBDII port to do a self diagnostics test of the ABS system but couldn't find the correct procedure to the right pin to jump. So i didnt mess with it so not to cause other problems.

Last edited by mybluetoy; 09-25-2012 at 07:25 PM.