View Single Post

Old 04-27-2012, 09:27 PM
2003 Altima

I am having the misfire issue also. 2003 Nissan altima 2.5 4cl only 70k miles.

this only happens every once in a while. but lack of power, feels like it can't get gas, some shaking. ... i took it to a mechanic a while back, he did some testing , but couldn't replicate it. he said everything looks great with the engine. ... he did say he noticed one of the areas around the spark plug to be dark, almost like burnt area. but he said he checked out the spark plug and it was fine. i haven't done much testing since then, that was about 5 months ago.

but its a pain when it happens, and i would like to fix the issue. after reading all the posts on this thread. i think there must be fuel or something flooding out the cylindar. i am not sure which cylindar is misfiring. the mechanic told me but i didn't right it down. i was going to go back and have him change out the plugs and spark plug cables. but didnt do it. and things have been pretty much fine for the past 5 months. one time after not running the car for a week, it had the issue. wouldn't start at first, but i gave it some gas and got it up and running. went to the gas station , filled the tank. drove home parked it. havent had the issue since. ........ its super wierd how it only happens sometimes.

anyway , with only 70k on this car, i think its got to be something very fixable. ... this is my first time researching online, but i think you guys are on the right track. ... thanks