View Single Post

Old 04-03-2012, 03:17 PM
2006 Sentra

Default Really no definitive answer?

I'm here because I too have this problem, and it's getting worse. There's colossal amounts of information on this exact problem, and no one seems to really know of a definitive answer as to why it might be.

I have an 06 Sentra and it's the same story. This spring has seen highs in the mid 60's (so not that hot) but already this is enough to have the car all but impossible to start. A long crank time followed by a brief start and stall, but like everyone, short stops are fine and start up perfectly.
Cold starts are fine. The problem happens if it's warm or hot days after extended stationary periods - overnight, etc.

If it's the fuel priming issue as some state, why would hot weather exasperate the situation?

It also seems to me that there are a worrying number of people who had the fuel pump repair kit installed who are back to the same problem in 6 - 12 months.

I'm not particularly impressed with Nissan here. This is a clear cut case of a product needing a recall that they've just side stepped. I'm sure it saves money short term, but I'm on my first Nissan purchase here, and I can't imagine buying another. With this basic lack of concern for customer happiness, why would I?

Is there really no absolute fix discovered yet? This has been reported for something like 8 years now. If the 07 to modern day don't have this issue, then it must be known what that problem was to fix it.

Last edited by breaddrink; 04-03-2012 at 03:20 PM.