View Single Post

Old 01-19-2012, 05:46 AM
2003 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmw View Post
How many miles on your car? At 150 to 200,000 you can expect these small engines to start giving problems. What size engine? As recent as the 80s and early 90s you could only expect about 120,000 out of four cylinder motors sold to the public. It only takes about 30 minutes or less to install a stat and it is not that expensive. If that does not help you have other problems. I am guessing you know what parts make up the cooling system. If it is not a stopped up radiator, hose, or stat or sensor problem then you may be looking at a blown gasket or warped head. Since these aluminum motors cannot be rebuilt without some expense and most local shops will not even attempt to do so you might be better off trading or having a used engine installed as I did on a 2002 I have. Good Luck!
My wife's car just started this with the heat. It used to come on shortly after warm up and be very hot. Now it takes forever to get hot and only when RPM is high. Car only has 70000, it's an '03

oh, and the t-stat was replaced twice already within 6 mo of each other, last year bout mid yr