View Single Post

Old 11-06-2011, 08:40 AM
toiday

I have the same problem with my cooling system. I took it to one mechanic friend and he told me it couldn't be the engine head because the car is running very smoothly. He then checked the water pump and because it's not easy to remove it, he replace it anyway. Took out the thermostat and still not having the coolant circulated. The top hole is hot and the bottom one is cold. The heater is not warm at all. I then take it to another local mechanic I found in Yelp. I explain to him what we have done. 20 minutes later, he came out and told me there was a big pocket of air inside the engine. He bleed it and has to refill almost a gallon of coolant. Now the car is running great. Both top and bottom holes are hot. The heater blows warm air. One thing I want to know is how did he bleed the air from the engine block. The method that UinOrUout described may work but I don't think he could have don't it in such short amount of time. I try to look for the system bleeding bold but couldn't find it.