View Single Post

Old 10-24-2011, 06:17 PM
newdude22

Default Which sensor do i need ?

Hey all, thanks in advance for any help or advice. My 04 Mo started stalling knocking and bucking the other day and the SES code was for Crankshaft positioning sensor A bank 1. I searched the best I could but all the info i found had the crank sensor listed as POS and the other sensors were all bank 1, 2 etc. Is it the "POS" or do i actually need a cam sensor or something else all together ? Also, if i replace the bad sensor, do i need to do anything else or is it just "plug and play" ?

Thanks again, my 04 has been falling apart this last year and i would have never been able to afford Nissan fixing it. 3 weeks ago they tried to hit me $1300 for the driver seat fix that I got welded for $26. We deal with the doorlock actuators because thats another $1200, the hatch lock spring is also deal-able. They wanted $380 for the sunvisor so i took it off. The hatch struts also went, but that i considered somewhat ok under normal wear and tear. And I had the loose air intake clamp which killed the mass air flow senser.

I also bought a 350 Z in 04 and i sold it at the one year mark due to it falling apart faster than i could fix it. Im happy the Mo took 6 more years but still, I will not be buying any more nissans. I purpously waited with both cars so that they had time to work out the kinks in 03. The Mo was 3 weeks shy of being an 05 according to the Certificate of final assembly / shipping records.