View Single Post

Old 09-18-2011, 02:28 PM
slriser

I, too am having the ABS lights on problem. I did replace both rear hubs for $49.00 each from an online parts supply. Once I got them on and drove down the road, the front brakes applied by themselves @ 10-15 mph. I didn't get to any speed higher since every time it would apply the brakes. Turned the car around and parked it in the garage. I have removed the rear sensors and cleaned them (just blew compressed air on them while changing the hubs).
Big question is: How do you reset the ABS system? I have read all through other forums, and seen where you ground pin 9 on the DLC. I have a 2004 SE, and it does not have a pin on 9. My DLC has pins on 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, and 16. I have the FSM and looked through the BCS & GI chapters and could not find anything on which pins to use to get/reset the ABS codes. I don't want to wreck the ECM or ABS module, so does anyone know the correct pins to use to grab the codes and then reset the ABS without using a Consult II device?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
2007 Nissan Maxima ABS, TCS, Slip, and vibration on start up-dlc-connector-jpg  

Last edited by slriser; 09-18-2011 at 02:43 PM.