View Single Post

Old 05-29-2011, 01:17 PM
2009 Murano

Default 2009 Murano brake pads replacement?

After driving for 50 yrs, I have had the experience of changing the ft pads about twice before having to change the rear pads. At yesterdays 30k major service at Nissan dealership (car purchased new), I was told by the Service -Customer service rep that my BACK pads had 4mm left and the front had 7. They recommended that I change the rear as I live some distance from a dealership. I discussed my experience with front vs rear pad replacement. The rep said that he 'checked with two dealership techs and verified thru parts dept. that factory front pads come with 10mm and rear pads come with 7mm.' I didn't have the opportunity to verify this myself. The 'wear ratio' appears to support this. Thus it appears (and the service rep agreed) that at every 30-60-90k major service the customer can expect a probable brake job (front & rear @ the 60k service) in addition to the $$$ spent for the service itself. Can this be right? Is there in fact a thickness difference between front and rear brake pads? 30K seems far too often from my driving experience (little city driving). Anyone else have any brake pad experience. I did a 'search' on this forum and found a couple of somewhat similar issues involving earlier models. Any help in understanding would be appreciated.

Last edited by captfbgnet; 06-07-2011 at 05:52 AM. Reason: spelling