View Single Post

Old 05-14-2011, 06:32 PM
GaryGoodman

Default bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkruysse View Post
After reading your comments below I took on the challenge and thank all who participated, having a factory to work in some my millwright friends
gave some guidance, a Tim Hortons coffee voucher was the cost at $ 30.00 instead of $600.00 from Nissan

I can assure you that the NSK 698ZZ bearings work great low or high speed even north of the 49th paralel, Ontario last week was a -34 at night.
After putting a vise to the plastic housing take a wrech and grasp the motor shaft and pull up, the motor should come up , try some WD40 or light oil to help.
The busings pop out easily from the motor cage holding them in and require some effort to install the bearings. the best way to put the motor back together is to pop out the brushes before putting the motor back together. I found the plastic unit holding the fan an overdesign too many tabs easy to break and of no use as the screws are sufficient

Well, I did get the motor out of the plastic blower housing, the bushings were too far gone to re-oil so removed them and placed the ball bearings (698ZZ by NSK), added more spacer washers, aligned the shaft and bearings to spin freely before locking down the tabs, and have just finished putting the motor back into the blower housing. Will finish off tomorow, picture is of the back end of the motor before spacers and lock ring were added, I'll never do this again (way too much work!). Glad to hear you had success, wish mine had of been that easy...
great how do i get the bearing out ? do remove the plastic cap away from the outer housing or undo the "E"clip and somehow remove the locking washer that seems to hold in the bushing ?