View Single Post

Old 03-25-2011, 04:42 PM

2008 altima hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnotar View Post
It is now apparent that many mobile phones using Windows Mobile 6.1
will not work with the Bose Navigation or Non Navigation Bluetooth hands free systems in 2007 to 2009 Nissans and Infinitys.

There is a work-around posted on many internet forums, but I am disappointed that Nissan won't address this issue, other than to list compatible phones.

Anybody have an update on this issue?
I just picked up an HTC Arrive (Sprint). It pairs but will not throw the voice to the car audio system. HTC has no known workaround. Sprint just charged me $35 to return it.

GO TO THE STORE AND TRY ALL BLUETOOTH PHONES WITH ANY NISSAN W/BOSE NAVIGATION. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY AROUND IT. THE CARRIER KNOWS NOTHING, NISSAN KNOWS NOTHING AND THE PHONE GUYS JUST SHRUG. This isn't rocket science. The phone manufacturers could easily test, too.

I would love to 'hear' the calls and could care less about the phonebook pairing!! New Windows 7 has no advanced options to force where the audio is played.

Nice phone. Wicked fast but going back! The car wins vs a $200 phone.

Gee and I've been using Bluetooth handsfree since we got an Acura TL in late 2003. 8 years later and its still more 'art' than science. egads.