View Single Post

Old 10-30-2010, 09:21 AM
Enthusiast
2001 Sentra

Greetings All!
After much frustration I was able to upload ALL the photos. Please have a look. I bought a camshaft sensor and compared (resistance readings) with the one I took out of the engine. The both gave approximately the same readings. An educated guess would tell me that the Camshaft sensor is good. I will check the camshaft sensor. I will try and take pictures any parts and their locations and post them in the gallery so that others can use them.
I think I am going to go back and start from scratch and have a look at the evaporator canister codes(P0455, P1448, and P0440) which I had before this problem. Wtih those codes sometimes the car would stall immediately after it started. Once you gave a bit of gas after starting the car would not stall. This was an intermittent problem which I never investigated besides readings the codes. If I look at the codes which I read after this problem I got P01448, P0455, P0464, P0180, and P0505.
If I compare the codes before and after you can see that the only news codes are P0505 and P0464. I also did not see P0440. If I assume that P0440 can be intermittent under current driving conditions I can ignore it for the moment. I can also ignore P0180 since it has to do with the fuel temperature sensor since I do not believe that since the fuel pump is not working that the sensor will not record a change in temperature. That leaves P0505. Will check out this sensor and report back. In the meantime if any of you can provide more help it would be greatly appreciated.

Geoffrey