View Single Post

Old 03-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Enthusiast
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 3.5SE Coupe,6sp

Unhappy They Don't All Do That

Yo plee52:

Sorry to hear about the shortcomings of your Coupe (model?). It appears the inevitable problems that appear with just about all cars seem to be not randomly distributed among Coupe's and end up in a limited number of exceptionally troublesome vehicles. My sympathies...

Just completed 2200 miles through Arizona, beginning in Carson City to Vegas, South Rim, Page and Sedona and recorded 27mpg overall (on regular gas and with 250# of cargo, I might add). Trip computer showed long stretches at low 30's while cruising at 70mph. Zero oil consumption and at 26k, except for minor cosmetic issues, the car looks and drives like new. As previously mentioned, the Potenzas by Bridgestone are just about gone and will be replaced shortly with these: Dunlop SP Sport Signature (H&V). Have not committed just yet, so still open to suggestions.

BTW, we have a 3.5SE w/6sp (and yep, the digital clutch still has me stalling way too much..the wife needs to let me drive it more.)

Best wishes on getting your Coupe put right and let us all know how the situation develops.

And ptsurfrider...wazzup with the scary brake issues?

Finally, as a special bonus feature (this offer may not be repeated) here's a link to the Coupe Factory Service Manual, for those who have yet to track it down:

Index of /FSM/Altima/2008

The table of contents is a bit difficult to navigate, but not a BFD. You can thank me later.

Steve