View Single Post

Old 08-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Enthusiast
2005 Pathfinder

Default Installing OEM 7 min trailer wiring harness on a 2005 pathfinder

Bought an OEM 7 pin harness form dealership for $65 after tax. my 2005 pathfinder already had a 4 pin plug but i wanted to upgrade to pull my friends landscaping trailer. The instruction that came with it are very good and the project would have only taken about 20-30 minutes had there not been a blown fuse.(i bought the car used so i think it was already blown when i did the conversion. I took some photos as i went along to help the next guy and i can answer some basic questions but the project really is very easy, on scale of 1-10 its about a 2.

This is the bag the harness came in from the dealer showing the part number

This is what comes in the bag

These are the only tools you should need, i used the needle nose pliers to get the brown wire clips removed fromthe old harness.

This is the only bolt that holds the old 4 pin harness in

Nissan drilled and tapped these holse for the mounting bracket already and the bolds supplied fit right in with no problem

This is the existing connection with the 4 pin wiring harness notice the black plug in the one connector, this is the trailer brakes and power wire that isn't used i with the 4 pin connection just remove the plug and the black connector on the 7 pin harness fits right in

This is the mounting bracket after it's installed with the supplied bolts

This was the hardest part, before sliding the connector into the mounting bracket you have to remove the the bolt that holds the bumper on so you can work the wires around behind the bracket the replace the bolt.

After inserting all 3 brown wire clips the 2 connectors are lined up to be plugged into the matching color connectors on the vehicle side

Remember for ease of installation i removed the spare tire, this is the clearance after the tire is reinstalled

Last edited by NissanTech; 04-25-2011 at 09:21 PM.