View Single Post

Old 05-06-2009, 09:36 AM
ChanStanley

Thank very much for those whom reply my question .
I went to Nissan dealerships , The Technicians and Mechanics also advice me to replace the very expense Distributor . But , I belief is that if Camshaft Position Sensor is malfunction , The Engine not even running
at Open Loop stage , because the ECM if not receiving the signal from Cam sensor , then will automatically cut--off the Fuel Pump Relay , The Engine only to running at very short period , It will not operative until the Engine warm-up at Closed Loop stage . so , I took few days off from work to investigate the problem . and
I found when I disconnected the MAP / BARO sensor and started the Engine , few minutes later I sew the smoke coming out the vacuum port at the Intake Manifold . then I known the Catalytic Converter was partially clogged . I took off the First ( Front ) Oxygen sensor from Exhaust pipe , and the Engine running fine without any problem . I was so frustrated and wonder why everyone just forgot the basic method to connect the Vacuum gauge in Intake Manifold from beginning. Also , I was found this type Catalytic Converter always has similar problems . and my local Nissan Dealerships refuse to honor the warranty even the Federal government require mandatory Extension Emission Control Components Warranty . My advice any Nissan car if ten years older , Must inspect the Catalytic Converter .

If you doubt The Distributor output , AC pickup coil ,
Fuel Injector , Camshaft , Crank , MAP , MAF , Speed
and any other sensors that generated Electronic Pulses . You can use $20 Logic Probes or just use the Jumper
wire to connect the component signal wire ( Back Probe Method at connector ) and the Radio Antenna to detecting those device functions .