View Single Post

Old 09-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 3.5SE Coupe,6sp

Unhappy Coupe issues

Hello Doctor!

"I'm just picky...:) "

Hey, don't beat yourself up...leave that to the rest of us on the Forum.

Really sorry to hear about all the shortcomings of your new Coupe. Must be one of those "Monday Morning" cars you hear about on occassion. We took delivery of our 3.5SE, 6sp in late January and I'm pleased to say it has been flawless. Other than getting used to that "digital" clutch, it's been a joy. In May, we drove from NV to our ancestoral home in PA and back, and, using the "miles/gallons" technique never saw less than 29mpg hwy. The computer showed as high as 34mpg on the flat in Kansas (doesn't get much flatter) with multiple resets as confirmation. Also, leaving NV, I was able to check the speedo with an NVHP officer, and we both agreed that 92mph was accurate. Will tell the happy ending to that story some day.

One of the patented solutions to the "they all do that" excuse is, "OK, lets go drive another one, and you can convince me". The other annoyances should certainly be fixable, cuz I can guarantee you, "They don't all do that". Clearly a matter of getting the shop's top diagnostician on the job. Nissan probably only pays $2.75/hr for warranty work, with the dealer picking up the difference. No surprise that the top guys are out on another car "making more $$$ with a pencil, than with a wrench".

On the subject of annoying noises, NVH on modern autos has gotten down to such a minimal level that sounds that used to be "under the radar" are now much more obvious. One reason we got the "dual mass flywheel" on the 6sp.

Great suggestion for improvements!

"...having the (MPG)scale decreased would help... " That area between 40 and 99mpg doesn't come in handy too often, does it?

"memory function for seating and mirror position" My wife only let's me drive "her" car on alternate Tuesday's following a full moon, and it such a pain to adjust everything.

Anyway, with your intelligence, determination and a quick rereading of Dale Carnegie's book, I predict ultimate success.

Finally, you said "I love my car!". My momma always told me not to love anything that can't love me back.

Cheers,
Steve