View Single Post

Old 07-02-2008, 06:01 AM
01pathy4ever

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I have a 01 3.5L pathy, about 2 years ago I started hearing "noises" from the engine during hotter months usually between 2nd-3rd gear and more pronounced going uphill, sounding like gas/air flow seal was not right. No SEL ever came on and everyone thought I was crazy (until they road with me on a 30 degree incline in the middle of July in 3rd gear). But with no SEL on and of course the car won't make that noise when I took it to the dealer, I felt stuck.

The SEL finally came on a year later when my pathy started to be sluggish in the mornings or afternoon when the engine was completely cold. Codes for SEL were bank 1 lean and/or bank 1 and 2 lean. I had replaced the O2 sensors, fuel filter, cleaned fuel injectors, checked for air intake leaks as suggested and finally it came down to the MAF sensor, a $500 part! After reading this forum I tried a Maxima MAF (part 22680-2Y001) for $110 at the dealer and it worked perfectly! Even replaced it myself...almost too easy. Thank you to the original poster!