View Single Post

Old 03-19-2006, 11:48 AM
jedi105

I'm pretty sure that the amp is up in the front behind the console. Its possible that there is another amp in the back but I am hesitant to remove the rear inside panel as it looks like a big chore. There are 8 speakers that i can see (2 in front on the windshield frame, 2 in the front doors, 2 in the rear compartment above the back seats and 2 tiny ones a little forward of the main ones in the back. The only ones working that I can tell are the 2 in the front door, the 2 on the windshield (I think they are) and the 2 tiny ones in the back). It is entirely possible that the system was modified. When I got the truck, the stereo was missing. I am sure at least one amp is up front. It looks like a small aluminum half circle and it is mounted on the chasis under the console. I checked with Best Buy, where I bought the radio and they said it was compatible for the PF. They had many more models that were more expensive so I would have thought that if it wasn't they would have tried harder to get me to buy a more expensive model. But they could also have been satisfied to just sell me something and get me out of the store. Who knows with today's kids.

There were 2 other connectors that did not connect to anything on the radio. One was a black wire that had what looked to me like an "S-Video" connector end which was just sitting in the console. The other connector was a 4 pin connector that was part of the Nissan wiring. It looked to me like it was a connector for perhaps the other 4 speakers for a radio that could support that many. Obviously, I just removed the black cable and tucked back this "extra" connector so I could place the radio in its mount.