View Single Post

Old 11-19-2020, 12:04 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lins View Post
I have a 2010 Frontier SE 4X4 with the V-6 & automatic. This morning, after driving about 7 miles, I stopped to load my truck with materials (not heavy). Upon restarting, the truck refused to shift out of first gear. I shifted to first, then back to drive- didn't help. Finally I stopped, shifted to park, then back to drive, and the truck acted normally again. Has anyone else had this happen or heard of it happening? Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any responses.
Bill,

1st thing I would do is check the AT dipstick to see what the Fluid look's like. 2nd check the Radiator to see how the coolant look's. If either doesn't look normal, I would take to Nissan for them to diagnose. From 2005 to 2010 there were some report's of Coolant mixing with AT Fluid, caused by a Defective Radiator.

If they look ok, then Maybe there is a problem with the Shifter in the Console. I would take to Nissan for them to diagnose and fix. I have read about another owner that had some sort of problem inside the shifter console and He did what I call a Rigging Fix,, but i wasn't very impressed with his work.

Good Luck