View Single Post

Old 09-07-2020, 07:16 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallynotamechanic View Post
JRJoe,
Thanks for the steer on the transmission fluid. I’ll check it out. I think I’ll heed your advice and take it into my local mechanic if the vibration continues. My “mechanic” attempts tend to cost more in the long run than if I just took it in to begin with, but I tend to enjoy figuring things out on my own and fixing them. Appreciate you taking the time to speak to this problem. The information was helpful and your willingness to help was humbling. Keep up the great work!
Thank You,

Another thing that is very important to the Computer Module's that control the Engine Function's is the Battery and Specifically the Battery Terminal's.

It is very important to keep the Battery Terminal's Corrosion Free and the Terminal Clamp's Tight. If the Terminal's are corroded, use a solution of Bakeing Soda and Water to dissolve the corrosion along with something like an old toothbrush and then rinse the residue away with the Water hose, and make sure to rinse below the battery so that any corrosion that get's on the paint and other part's won't corrode. Do this on a Cold Engine.

Make sure that the Battery Clamp's are tight. If the clamp's won't tighten up,, they have spacer's at the Auto Part's Store that go over the Terminal's to take up the slack. After everything is clean, and the Clamp's are tight, put a Thick coating of Regular Multipurpose Grease on the Terminal's and Clamp's makeing sure that all the Bare Metal has a Thick Coating of Grease. That will prevent future corrosion and there is no need to purchase those Battery Terminal Felt Washer's as they are Junk anyway. When you need to disconnect the battery for service, etc, just use a couple of paper towel's to wipe the grease off before hand.

Good Luck with finding the cause of the Engine Vibration and let us know what the Fix was.
Regards,