View Single Post

Old 09-05-2020, 01:52 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallynotamechanic View Post
I have a 2006 Frontier (70,000 original miles) that just started having some intermittent, light engine vibration when in the 1250-1500 RPM range. Anything outside of that and no vibration. When it occurs, it is accompanied with a very slight RPM bump/increase that returns to normal when the vibration subsides. Additionally, I can make it go away by selecting O/D OFF. I'm currently draining the transmission fluid, which doesn't really appear too bad, but then again I'm not real sure just what it should look like. Anyhow, if any of you have any ideas, I'd be open to hear what you have to say.
Be sure to check ATF Level Correctly when you Refill, by following the Checking Procedure in the Nissan Service Manual, Otherwise You'll be guessing about the correct ATF Fluid Level.

Check the Air Filter and Replace if Dirty and check for Vacuum Leak. Was the ATF Dirty looking or Clean with a Slight Pink Color? Check the Coolant in the Radiator for unusual appearance, '06-'10 V6 with AT, many had ATF Mixing with Coolant and Coolant Mixing with ATF.

If you don't find an obvious problem, I would take it to Nissan or a Trusted Mechanic that has experience with Nissan Truck's, rather than throwing part's at it hopeing for a fix which might cost more in the long run.