View Single Post

Old 06-17-2020, 08:59 AM
2004 Titan Crew Cab

I've had a problem for several years with my 2004 Titan ABS, VDC, slip, and Brake lights coming on intermittently. The lights would sometimes stay off for several months, but always came back on and sometime the ABS braking would malfunction. When it occurred I would pull over shut off the engine and restart it. I took it to the dealer and they had no idea what the problem was, but for about $3K they would begin to replace every component of the braking system until they happened upon the issue. So I lived with the problem for years. It has now gotten to the point that it stays on almost all the time so I've begun to replace parts on my own to try to fix it. I've replaced the front rotors and pads as well as all four ABS speed sensors, with no success. I saw a post on a forum several years ago recommending replacement of the electronic sensors that are attached to the bottom of the master cylinder, but I don't what they are called. Has anyone replaced those sensors with any success? Since I've replaced the ABS wheel sensors, should I have the system reflashed?

Any suggestions on the next parts to replace? I'm starting with the cheapest first. Open to any suggestions, have also considered having brakes bled to see if it helps. Fluid is topped off.