View Single Post

Old 05-01-2020, 09:46 PM
2002 Maxima
2002 Altima Sedan

Don't buy it. Unless you're doing the work yourself. I've owned 3 maxima 2 4th gen and a 5th gen . 96 SE 5mt, 98 GLE, 02 SE 6mt and a Altima with vq35 too.

It's definitely more than just the brakes but the warped discs would be bad because chances are it's been that way awhile. It takes out the wheel bearings. Depending on the rust/environment conditions... Those cars engine mounts go quick. Buy a new set off rock auto, fill them with polyurethane rubber from a tube, and be happy your engine won't go anywhere it shouldn't in the near future. Without filling them they last about 1-2 years, maybe longer if u do them all at once.
Rear suspension bushings for the trailing arms get worn bad and the tie rods (inner +outer) often over looked along with the leaking power steering rez and/or pump that destroys the belt, control arms, cv boots swell, then tear. But definitely look into the tie rods causing shaking as well as engine mounts. Get someone to rev the engine while holding the brake, at u check for movement. Lookup video on YT for reference . I think there's a good one at South main auto or that one guy who does Nissan's I can't rm his name 🤔 he's got a lot of maxima videos , white dude, you'll find him lol