View Single Post

Old 04-28-2020, 12:10 PM
2003 Sentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissanmakescrazy View Post
Seriously where the heck can I get a Swirl control valve solenoid p1138 for a 2003 Nissan Sentra? Links to where I can just buy the darn thing would be greatly appreciated. I'm going nuts! Feel like strangling a parts person at Nissan lol.
I was browsing this for any ideas, made an account to tell you that you can't buy the part on it's own, instead you have to buy the whole lower intake manifold. My symptoms are a P1138 code, usually always thrown on cold starts when cleared but sometimes when driving, as well as a massive loss of power under acceleration; unless the code is cleared and the car is restarted. Before my grandma passed, she had it taken to a shop about 4 years ago where they cleaned the fuel rail and injectors and got it to pass smog. Fast forward 2 years and the car was mine since my 04 Lancer blew it's piston rings. I took it back to the same shop and they did the same thing as before and got it to pass. Another year passed and here we are. The smog shop/DMV lost my smog report even though it's all electronic now, so I have to resolve the SES light. Suppose I could take it back in but I'd rather resolve the issue for good. I found a used complete mani on offerup for 65 shipped. I replaced the 'actuator'? on the driver side of the manifold that is held on by 3 bolts(bracket to engine) and the 2 Phillips screws and C-clip(actuator motor thing to bracket), as well as the PCV valve and hose. While I had the manifold off for inspection/cleaning I didn't notice anything unusual, and the swirl valve moved more freely than the 01 I snagged. the connectors and wires all looked good(didn't chase them all the way to the ECM, yet, so I put her all back together and fired her up. The code was still there so I cleared it and drove it for about 20 miles before getting messed up at my boys house and staying the night. This morning I started her up and went on home and all was good till about 5 miles in and the code came back. I suppose my next step will be to replace the position sensor on the passenger side of the manifold before chasing wires. According to the pathfinder forums, those systems are controlled by vacuum lines running to a solenoid valve but I cannot find anything like that in the engine bay and believe me, I looked. I'll report back with any updates shortly, also sorry if this is a bunch of BS rambling but this quarantine got me messed up