View Single Post

Old 02-29-2020, 04:58 PM
2016 Rogue

Default Brake pedal vibration with relatively new parts

I have a 2016 SV AWD Rogue, 4 cylinder with about 97,500 miles. I replaced front and rear brakes and rotors at about 81,000 miles. I used top of the line from Advance Auto. They said they were equivalent to OEM. At about 91,000 miles I started to get a pulsing at pedal and vibration at steering wheel when brakes were applied. It was mainly felt at highway speeds. They did stop the car fine, though. I inspected both front and rears and they seemed ok...plenty of pad left, nothing obviously wrong with rotors. I decided to return front pads and rotors to Advance, thinking rotors may have warped. They exchanged them for new and I reinstalled. ALL WORKED GREAT after replacing until recently. At about 96,000 miles, the same problem was starting again. I'm now at 97,500 miles. It is slowly getting worse. I don't notice it when I first start driving.....only after things get "warmed" up. When I did both brake jobs, I confirmed calipers pistons moved freely. I removed caliper pins and lubed. They were moving freely. The only "issue" I had was the rubber pieces on the caliper pins seemed to be a little swollen. But the did go back in the holes and moved freely. Rubber dust covers were fine. I did not use and caliper grease on the new stainless steel hardware that the pads slide on thinking it would be a magnet for dirt or debris. I'm stumped as to what to do next. Could there some issue with the parts from Advance or am I missing something? Thanks.