View Single Post

Old 10-21-2019, 05:01 PM
2013 Altima Sedan

Default 2013 Altima 2.5 won't start hot/after driving for a while

I have a 2.5 L Altima with a 102~k driving that it recently began to not want to start after you've driven it for a while. You can drive it long times and not stop and it will run. But if you stop, it will not start again. It will crank but will not start. When this happens, the quick solution is to wait until it cools down, about 1 hr, and then it will start again.
So... I took it a Nissan dealer for a diagnosis, and $350 later they diagnosed the fuel injectors, they were sure that was the issue. In their diagnosis, they did test fuel pressure, fuel pump, and other electrical possible components of which all tested okay. So, ordered new ones and I replaced the injectors. Although I was hesitant to do that because it didn't seem like injectors would cause it to not start at all, I followed their lead and obviously - it did not solve the problem.
Then, following another recommendation/suggestion I replaced both cam positioning sensors at the top of the head/valve cover on the R side. This also did not solve the problem.
I have looked for these 2013 Nissan postings about problems similar to this, but for some reason these 2013 2.5 L Nissan's don't have a lot of posts.
I don't mind working on this, however this problem is one of those that does not identical posts. there are a lot of them where the post say that it won't crank, it won't start at all although it cranks, and so on. But this one specifically that is apparently temperature related is not very common.

So here I am, hoping that in one of these forums somebody will have also experienced this and solved this particular problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and taking into consideration the parts that have been replaced so far, and the Nissan diagnosis (for what it's worth) I'm hoping that there may be another known component that maybe the culprit.

Thanks!