View Single Post

Old 04-15-2019, 02:00 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4perez View Post
I need some help regarding my truck. It was running fine, Not overheating, but all of a sudden when i stopped at a light the engine died. I am able to restart it every time after it dies. It originally showed a Knock sensor code so I replaced it, however it is still doing the same thing. I changed the thermostat, changed the coolant, and I change the EGR Valve. The air filter is clean. I also cleaned the injectors. I have checked all the fuses. I am not sure what else to check. I was thinking about changing the distributor.

Since doing all the above, I can drive it for a while before it shuts off maybe 3/4 miles. It runs fine when the hood is open. There are no check engine light or any codes anymore.

I noticed in another thread someone wrote about "solenoid which controls the S/C BAV" but I don't know what that is. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Perez,

Have you read the Spark Plugs, checked the Cat's out, checked the Fuel Filter? How many mile's on Truck? How long have you owned the Truck?