Thread: sports edition?
View Single Post

Old 03-19-2019, 09:28 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverghost1 View Post
the whole deal with larson motors in Puyallup didn't feel right but at the time i had the flue and any attempts to reach them was filled with promises to get right back to me, now they don't even return calls at all. we had a name for this in the military but this is a family forum but you all know what i mean. the truck runs and is paid for and i will be looking to change the plugs payday at 7 bucks a plug. i changed the air filter already and the oil and filter i even changed the cabin filters. now for the blower motor when i put it on 4 it shakes the whole dash and it should have been fixed when i bought it but i was told that was normal. and at the time i was recovering and i was just glad to be going home so i could rest. ever since the only thing i have had to do was change the cam sensor on the drivers' side and routine maintenance. nice cold a/cand nice hot heat.
Really in all honesty, You should take it to a Very Good Mechanic Experienced on Nissan's. I mentioned the Cat's might have been removed,, but on the otherhand,, they might be clogged. Again just a guess on my part.
When you take the old plug's out,, be sure to mark them with the cylinder #. I suspect that at least one,, but probably more will show, TOO RICH, because of the Very Low MPG. This is just a clue and Why an Experienced Mechanic should be doing this,, cause the Truck has several Sensor's, that are telling the Engine Computer how much Gas to send to each cylinder. The Mechanic will search for Code's as well to try and figure out what the problem or Problem's are.

I'm just not too convinced that Your Truck in it's present condition is going to be worth it money-wise. The Smart move, might and I say Might be to get out from under it with a VPP/Loyalty Discount from Nissan Consumer Affair's to get a New Nissan Economy Car, if it is Fiscally Possible. My fear is that it's going to cost too much to get it back running good, and continueing to Run the Engine like it is, maybe sooner than later it may not be running at all. Much better to make a deal with it running than not, IMO. I could be Way Wrong though.

An Honest Mechanic will Shoot Straight with You though about whether to Fix or Let Go.