View Single Post

Old 02-02-2019, 11:20 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoedog View Post
Thanks for the help, I am doing this due to the whine and I am chasing a P0300 code and loss of power, I highly doubt it skipped a tooth but I am at a loss for the P0300.

I had a #2 coil go bad and threw codes for those coils. Living on Guam parts are hard to come by so I was forced to wait for 6 new coils from the states. Drove for about a week on a dead cylinder and it burned up my cat which I expected. Replaced all the coils and gutted the upstream drivers cat that came apart. Now I am getting p0300 and no power up above 2500-3000rpm. SES flashes on load.
You are going to need to replace the upstream catalytic converter that you gutted. It will cause the ECM to run the engine lean if you don't. People have run into that situation in the states where they eliminated all the catalytic converters and installed long tube headers. They found the engine would run too lean. Their fix was to get a custom ECM tune from UpRev.

If your plane is to replace the upper timing chain tensioners, rather than just replace the plastic tensioner face, then you will have to remove the rear timing cover as well because you can get the tensioner mount bolts out with the rear cover in place.