View Single Post

Old 12-19-2018, 02:31 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

1. What I was trying to say is I'm not aware of any make of car that has a factory air bleeder installed. The factory manual for these cars has a procedure bleeding air in cooling system. According to you, there was never work done on the cooling system so there's no reason Air is introduced into the system.
2. You mentioned the Head was warped so it tells me work was done on that part. If you removed the head, you have to drain coolant and re-fill and that's when Air got into the cooling system.
3. You mentioned also of Loss of Coolant. Better find out if you have a leak. If no visible leak, coolant may have leaked internally and mixed with oil. I suggest you send Sample of your oil for Oil Analysis. Oil analysis is a very effective diagnostic tool without the need for engine tear down. When I was losing coolant without visible leak I sent for Oil Analysis and report came back with coolant and oil had mixed. That's when I replaced the head gasket. Just search Oil Analysis and you get a few that will do it, take your pick. I believed I went with Oil Analyzer.

3. On two occasions where I drained and re-fill coolant was (1) when I had a Head Gasket replacement job (2) when I replaced a crack radiator. On these two occasion, when I refill the coolant and start up the engine I left radiator cap off and watched coolant recirculating. When I see coolant starts to rise as engine warmed up I re-nstall radiator cap. I then turned on the Heater and Fan on high so coolant circulates into the heater core. I then rev engine up to 2k or 2.5k 30 seconds at a time for about three times. I road test for about 10 minutes, shut off engine and re-start. That's all I ever did and had no issue of air in cooling system.

Last edited by bennyb53; 12-19-2018 at 02:33 PM.