View Single Post

Old 10-23-2018, 11:55 AM
2008 Pathfinder

Default Hard to Start when engine is hot

I have a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder with 205K mikes. Still runs great. However, it is now giving me problems starting when the engine has warmed up. If I go to the store and park, shop for a while then come back and try to start the car, it will crank over but will not start. After a few tries and waiting for 5 minutes, it will eventually starts. But it runs very rough and stalls the first time of two. it eventually starts and runs fine. The parts that have been replaced already are, Battery, Fuel Pump, Crank Shaft Sensor and Coolant Temperature Sensor. The Fuel Pump was replaced when the gauge stopped working and it gave an error code. After a few months I got another error code which said I had a bad Crankshaft Sensor. That sensor was then replaced. The problem of NOT STARTING WHEN ENGINE WAS WARMED UP started a few months after the fuel pump had been replaced. I DON'T have any errors code on the hard starting problems. Could I have a bad fuel pump? Could a Throttle Body and Sensor be giving me a problem? Very Frustrating as I don't know when this will become a hard problems and end up never starting. Then will need to get a tow to a garage. When I brought it to my mechanic, it started ok and he could find any error codes. Thanks