View Single Post

Old 09-21-2018, 07:34 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Frontier King Cab
1998 Pathfinder
1998 Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke46 View Post
Okay guys this is what was found on my AC and it working and then not working but really does not make any sense?

I stopped by my good friends shop today. My AC worked fine on the way into town but when I left the business and hr latter the compressor would not come on. My guy pulled the cover off the relays and fuses box. When he would tap on the relay it would come on but then stopped again until you tapped it. So we swapped it with the horn relay that was the same type. We thought it might do the trick but a little latter the compressor cut off again!!!!

It might be in the wiring under the fuse box maybe and might not be but it is my only guess at this time.

I hate to do it but might have to take it to the dealer unless I can get some help from you guys again?
You need to use a 12 volt test light or DC voltmeter to test whether positive voltage is getting past that relay to the compressor when it shuts off. It may turn out to be a bad AC electric clutch, or maybe the AC clutch gap is too large and needs a shim removed. Did you try tapping on the compressor center part (carefully) with a broom handle or similar when the AC compressor stops turning? Be wary of moving belts and pulleys !!!