View Single Post

Old 05-21-2018, 09:38 PM
Enthusiast
2008 Altima Coupe
2008 3.5SE Coupe,6sp

Looking for some parts for the Coupe and this ancient thread turned up on page 5 of my search!

115k miles and although our '08 3.5SE MT Coupe had been running like day 1, on Friday, the clutch pedal went to the floor, accompanied by a sound like you hear when you hold the clutch down and let it pop back up. Seems the $75 concentric release bearing (aka slave cylinder) failed catastrophically and the worst part, it's 13.5 hours away, if you know what I mean. The Dual Mass Flywheel should be replaced, as well as the clutch plates and clutch master, so the $$$ are adding up fast. Discovered I can make about $25/hr searching the web for parts :).

Always knew a clutch would be in our future...just not this soon...

An update, if anyone is still interested. Total replacement cost for the $35 (!) clutch release was $2400 .

I learned recently a 3.5 with 6sp was only optioned by about 3,000 buyers, making our SE one rare duck. That being said, buying all the parts I needed on short notice turned troublesome and, with the car on the lift and wrong parts sent, I had to get overnight delivery on the DMF @ somewhere around $600.

We’re at 126k now, and the car is still wonderful and will likely be kept for as long as possible. I’m slightly troubled that I continue to run OEM iridium plugs, mainly because the may be a hassle to remove if they bind to the head, but no codes, smooth idle, excellent performance and mpg is 22 combined with high 20’s highway.

Working on a paint refresh (DA polish and wax) and polish sticking in the hood paint dings created tiny white marks all over the front of the hood. Oh well, cosmetic...

Before I forget, I also debadged and put in LED’s across the rear. A flasher for the upper brake lamp was only $5 so put one of those in too. First kid on my block!

No regrets on purchase of this excellent car!

Best

Last edited by stevewaclo; 05-30-2019 at 09:30 AM.