View Single Post

Old 04-13-2018, 02:54 AM
2005 Altima Sedan

Default 2005 Altima 3.5 P0420, P1273, P1283

I got a p0420 about a month ago on my 2005 ALtima, 3.5, 185000 miles. I reset the code, and it never returned. I was reading about the cats coming apart sometimes, and also the lifespan of the A/F ratio sensors, so I decided to to pull the cats off and inspect, and change the ratio sensors, and plugs while I had the plenum off. The cats didnt look bad inside, but I did see some powder come out when I turned them upside down. I decided to gut the cats, install non- fowlers on the o2's, and go from there. Also gutted the second cat while I was at it. Car is running fine, but I got the P1283 a few days ago, reset and cleared the self learn, ( I think). Didnt wait the full 10 minutes at idle though. Yesterday and today I got a P1273. Still no driveabilty issues. I have an Ultragage plugged in to the OBD port, and can read data from the sensors, but im not sure how accurate the Ultragage is because it is not a high dollar scan tool. I have not had the P0420 come up either, so apparently the non-fowlers are working on the o2 sensors.
ANy ideas?