View Single Post

Old 04-08-2018, 03:59 PM
2002 Altima Sedan

I think I forgot to mention that I did test the fuel pump with a helper turning the ignition to on, and I got fuel from the line, and tried to rule it all out with starter fluid which didn't help either. The car does seem to have compression as well, but I'm about to check the codes again (not that I think they just magically appeared), but I'll also check the security light. On a side note, since I don't have much help, I did order another handheld starter switch, because the old one only allowed for the starter to spin and not engage, I don't think I hooked it up incorrectly, because I did have it hooked to the S terminal of the starter solenoid and the positive if I remember correctly. Not sure if it was just a bad starter switch or maybe user error haha. I do appreciate your input very much btw. *Update* Battery (new) ended up dying, probably from cranking haha. Ordered a battery charger since the 73 nova doesn't have a great battery either, but it should be rechargeable as well, just good to have. I didn't notice the solid red light while cranking though, so I don't believe it has anything to do with a security system lockout, but then again... I was pretty focused on the sound of my battery draining haha. I somehow erased the p0340 code, which wasn't possible before I tried today, not sure what happened. I'll return later this week after this commercial break.

Last edited by zachf89; 04-09-2018 at 11:06 AM.