View Single Post

Old 11-27-2017, 07:45 AM
Enthusiast
2017 Pathfinder
2017 Pathfinder SV

Default L.E.D. Headlight Upgrade on 2017 SV

I have searched and read a lot about the LED headlights. The PF low beams are housed in projector style housing but the high beams and fogs look like standard reflector housings. In my last car, I upgraded my lows (projector style) to HIDs and left my highs halogen because I really liked the HID output and beam pattern but didn't like the delay to full brightness with HID. It appears the industry is moving from HID to LED. I would like High, Low and Fog all converted to LED at 5000 to 5500K temperature color. In reading, this temperature is optimal for output and closest to natural light (please no burns here, it's what the many articles I read has said). My HIDs where 5000K and I liked them a lot. So, for the folks that have made the change, I have some questions. Lows look like a direct replacement since the Platinum already has LEDs and I read on the forum the housing is the same.

Lows:
  1. Which bulb did you use and why? If you can post a pic or a link, it would be helpful.
  2. What sort of output Lumens are you using?
  3. Is it brighter than Halogen?
  4. Is the beam pattern comparative? Distance up front, spread and cut-off?
  5. Did you have to do any sort of adjustment to the light for the beam pattern to be correct?
  6. Would you do it again if you bought a new PF today?
Highs:
  1. Pretty much the same questions as above but I am most concerned about the beam pattern. I would prefer it to be much much better than halogen but at worse, the same. I do not want to give up visibility here.
Fogs:
  1. Again the same questions. It appears by reading that the fogs should be a lower output. What Lumen and why?
  2. Is there a cut-off for fogs built into the reflector like the lows (though lows are projector)?
Thank you in advance for your help. If there are some other bits of information that can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.