View Single Post

Old 05-28-2017, 03:43 PM
2001 Xterra

Default P1441 code with weird symptoms

Hello,
I purchased a 2001 Xterra about 1 month ago. 170K miles. Immediately the 0325 (knock sensor) code came on. I have read up on that and decided not to do anything just yet.
This morning I fueled up and drove approximately 65 miles of freeway and town before parking my vehicle on a light down hill. I was away from my vehicle about 2 minutes. Came back, got in, and it wouldn't start. Made a weird clicking noise. Radio came on, so it had power, but wouldn't start. I have a jumper pack, so I used that, which worked. I drove off, but the ABS light came on, the seatbelt indicator light came on and blinked continuously and the lights/blinkers/radio all had no power. After about 10 min of driving, everything seemed to self correct. I parked the vehicle again, on a flat spot and shut it down. Once again, it wouldn't start and I had to jump it. Same symptoms as first time happened with lights/radio etc.
This time I received a 1441 code. I find it hard to believe these symptoms are due to loose gas cap.
Any thoughts or advice would be helpful.
Thank you in advance